Saturday, June 11, 2011

In a Room of Broken Dreams

I stared,
I listened,
I watched,
their expressions, empty and quiet,
blank faces, hollow glances,
sitting in a room of broken hearts.

I stared,
I listened,
the teachers shared their purpose, their story
opened up revealing their secrets,
sitting in a room of broken hearts.

No longer staring,
Listening internally,
I was able to talk, to face my fears
I, too, opened up and started to change,
sitting in a room of broken hearts.

I started to look through different eyes,
in every room I entered
and no matter the room, no matter the place
I realized, that I was
sitting in a room of broken hearts.

So once again,
I sit beneath the cross of the one I love,
and realize through new eyes
that this special guide, was always there,
sitting in the room of broken hearts.

For His heart was broken, too,
and to my surprise
as I looked closer at Him,
my heart started to heal again.

inspired by "Divorce Care Class" Beckley, WV
Terry W Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment